• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

923A2 differential vent

JayLeto

I have a couple questions about the vent on my rear diffs and was hoping to get some help.

Both of my rear diffs are leaking at the seal on the rear facing propeller shaft. I was wondering if this could be caused from a plugged vent? When I pulled the vents there was a "hiss" from the pressure in the differentials. However both vents appeared to work fine when I blew through them. Are these just vents? Or a relief valve set to a certain pressure?

Thanks!

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
They are ball check valves. You are in high water country so Go get a 1/8" NPT male with hose barb on the opposite end of it and run it up to your intake tube. Get a T to hook in both rears along the frame rail. Run your front axle one up around the heater box.

JayLeto

Thanks for that info. I was considering running them up in case of future high water. Could the pressure I'm seeing in the diff be causing the leaks? Or are they supposed to have some pressure inside?

Thanks!

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
They are suppose to vent. I have that issue on trucks I transport that have been sitting. the gear oil finds its way to the weakest point. usually a pinion seal. Replace the vent tubes and put about 40miles on it at one time and see if it leaks.

Csm Davis

They are ball check valves. You are in high water country so Go get a 1/8" NPT male with hose barb on the opposite end of it and run it up to your intake tube. Get a T to hook in both rears along the frame rail. Run your front axle one up around the heater box.
Simp5782 is right about removing the vents but I would tee them all in to the other vents on the intake stack.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks