• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

923a2 fuel tank noise

162tcat

Lift pump is getting weak. Mine was doing the same thing on my 12 valve Dodge for about the last 15k miles of its life. My A2 was doing that when purchased so I replaced the LP and it went away.

74M35A2

Yes it is caused by the mechanical lift pump on the side of the block, but in my case, my old one was quiet, and my new genuine name brand replacement ticked at the tank, so.......

74M35A2

Well, all I can say is it is the same as mine. Not sure if supposed to or not. Would guess no, but both yours and mine are name brand and relatively new.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lift pump is getting weak. Mine was doing the same thing on my 12 valve Dodge for about the last 15k miles of its life. My A2 was doing that when purchased so I replaced the LP and it went away.
Watt?
Whats the theory on this?
Mine makes the happy sound of extra fuel, vigorously retuning to the tank at idle.

162tcat

Watt?
Whats the theory on this?
Mine makes the happy sound of extra fuel, vigorously retuning to the tank at idle.
This is what I was told at Cummins NW when I took my 12 valve Dodge for service. Sure enough the LP died not too long after. When replaced, the ticking stopped. I replaced the pump on my A2 as preventative maintenance and it also went away. I was told that it's the spring in the LP getting weak

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ecscnvb

This is what I was told at Cummins NW when I took my 12 valve Dodge for service. Sure enough the LP died not too long after. When replaced, the ticking stopped. I replaced the pump on my A2 as preventative maintenance and it also went away. I was told that it's the spring in the LP getting weak

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Weird cause my is less than a year old but I might change it to see if you are right...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks