• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A Different Belt Question

1956_4x4

I have removed the #1 (driver's side) alternator from my truck and converted to a 12 volt system. The truck has run fine for the past year, but I'd like to install a second belt to the crank/power steering pump/water pump. Does anyone happen to have a belt number to accomplish this?

Smitty

1956_4x4

Re: RE: A Different Belt Question

gimpyrobb said:
Sure did, but no luck. I also did a search and found a lot of info on belts, but nothing about installing a belt after deleting the left alternator. I could try the string method, but I want to get the "Gatorback" belt and they are a special order item around here.

Also, I want to put a plug in for the "Gatorback" belts. If you are having a problem of alternator belt squeal upon start-up, these things seem to solve the problem. A 15485 fits the passenger side alternator on the 6.2...

Smitty

CCATLETT1984

RE: Re: RE: A Different Belt Question

smitty, you would be best to take a piece of string and measure that, then check the length with a stock belt. If it fits correctly then order the gatorback belt of the same size.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks