• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A Pilar Differences

MrM4

Can someone explain to me the actual difference in a Slantback A Pilar and the other style of A pilars?

I’m gearing up for a conversion to a slantback and im finding stuff about swapping wiper motors ect... is it totally different than other windshields?

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have brackets to covert the soft top frame to a hard top frame.
Hard top frames have two Ear brackets on outboard edges, and 2 ea. slide in brackets.

BLK HMMWV

What 86 said and a soft top A pillar ( windshield Frame) has rubber bumpers on the outside / front of it and hinges to allow it to fold down.
Slant back A frame wont have the bumpers .

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The helmet top must have been strictly an aftermarket add on, it looks to be designed to fit the soft top A pillar

AAVP7

Strangely, besides the slantback frame with "ears" and the softtop frame, there must be a third type of A-frames, which I didn´t find in any of the TMs:

The M996 and M997 hardtop ambulances have an A-frame that doesn´t have "ears", but it also doesn´t have the holes on the outside for the rubber bumpers, and it doesn´t have the holes on the inside for the folddown-footloops.

Would be interesting to know if anybody has an NSN for that, or even has got one sitting on the shelf....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks