• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A review of the polyurethane bushing replacements / upgrade for FMTV sway bars

Reworked LMTV

Just wanted to do a quick review of the FMTV/MTV sway bar bushing upgrades available from Awesomeness/ Guido. The install was fairly easy on my M1088. One large bolt on the passenger side gave me grief, so I cut it off. There are essentially 3 pieces that need to line up, so it would be best to put the smaller 4 bolts in the bracket before trying to put back on. On the 5 tons the level of the grease fitting is different. I used the slit in the bushing to align the grooves in the bushing to allow grease to get around the sway bar. The drilling of the Zerk fitting was easy, and a nice high-quality drill bit is included. No tap is needed.

1st drive showed a significant improvement in reduction of rear body roll. In fact, the confidence going around corners is greatly improved.

Of note is the upper small bushing which attaches the sway bar to the frame. Really this needs to be replaced too. Once this is done, the improvement will be even greater. Guido states that he will be working on these fittings, but it may be a while.

I was not paid for this review, nor was an incentive given.

5 Stars-well worth the time and money

PS I am also doing the bushings on my trailer and will report back on those. He makes those as well, but they are different.

Attachments

Last edited:

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Reworked! If you have any measurements and pictures of where the hole gets drilled on the M1088, I can see if I can include them in the instructions. I try to make it "so easy, a caveman could do it", but there are admittedly some variations between the different truck models.

Reworked LMTV

Thanks Reworked! If you have any measurements and pictures of where the hole gets drilled on the M1088, I can see if I can include them in the instructions. I try to make it "so easy, a caveman could do it", but there are admittedly some variations between the different truck models.
I did not measure them unfortunately. All I did was flip the bushing around and drew a line between the two slits in the bushing, using a small metal ruler. Then I flipped the bushing back around. You can see the slits in the picture. This is mod would seem to be Caveman approved : )

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks