• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A tale about a 12' skeleton and a 5 ton

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've been looking for the 12' skeleton from Home Depot and they're always sold out.

For reference, this is how big the honking things are (this is a pic from the net just for scale):

97iQC6aQ5_axje3XjjaJ-2YaR_QIngBIwfDQQpqT0lM.jpg

An old friend of mine had one and offered it to me for what they paid for it, so I jumped at the chance.
Unfortunately, I got it several days after Halloween, so I didn't have the opportunity to use it for any of the parades I was in.

Fast forward to my time offshore this hitch and I decided I would use it in a Christmas parade. I talked it over with my sweet lady @IRIS_Always and the was 100% on board.

We kicked around ideas of how to integrate it onto the 5 ton, but the thing would be almost 20' tall in the bed! We thought about maybe only using the top portion and the logistics involved with that, to no avail.

I thought to myself: "If only I had a flatbed trailer"... and remembered the M1061A2 I had picked up from @fuzzytoaster !

20220813_195930.jpg

So I chewed on it a while and came up with an idea. Lets make the truck look like a reindeer, with the Skeleton on the flatbed like a sleigh "driving it" and shot it over to my sweet lady with the following artists rendition (note, it's not to scale):

20221126_142802.jpg

Then we discussed how to decorate..... my lady jumped an the idea and made a robe for him (which her boy, after starting to unbox it for sizing, named "Skelvis the Pelvis"

received_614857573747061.jpeg

After a LOT of sewing of red felt and white fur, she made a robe for him!

received_538977961415636.jpeg

She then ordered a truckload of pool noodles and constructed the antlers:

received_458141103136227.jpeg

I got in from offshore Tuesday and yesterday the oldest boy and I got busy.

Five hours later, we ran out of daylight so had to stop. I have to put one more string of lights on around the windshield, mount the antlers and run garland to his hands, but here's where we are (the spotlights on him are from the 24v light kit @fuzzytoaster is selling):

20221207_145301.jpg

20221207_181831.jpg

20221207_173438.jpg

20221207_174731.jpg

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I've been looking for the 12' skeleton from Home Depot and they're always sold out.

For reference, this is how big the honking things are (this is a pic from the net just for scale):

View attachment 885838

An old friend of mine had one and offered it to me for what they paid for it, so I jumped at the chance.
Unfortunately, I got it several days after Halloween, so I didn't have the opportunity to use it for any of the parades I was in.

Fast forward to my time offshore this hitch and I decided I would use it in a Christmas parade. I talked it over with my sweet lady @IRIS_Always and the was 100% on board.

We kicked around ideas of how to integrate it onto the 5 ton, but the thing would be almost 20' tall in the bed! We thought about maybe only using the top portion and the logistics involved with that, to no avail.

I thought to myself: "If only I had a flatbed trailer"... and remembered the M1061A2 I had picked up from @fuzzytoaster !

View attachment 885839

So I chewed on it a while and came up with an idea. Lets make the truck look like a reindeer, with the Skeleton on the flatbed like a sleigh "driving it" and shot it over to my sweet lady with the following artists rendition (note, it's not to scale):

View attachment 885840

Then we discussed how to decorate..... my lady jumped an the idea and made a robe for him (which her boy, after starting to unbox it for sizing, named "Skelvis the Pelvis"

View attachment 885841

After a LOT of sewing of red felt and white fur, she made a robe for him!

View attachment 885842

She then ordered a truckload of pool noodles and constructed the antlers:

View attachment 885843

I got in from offshore Tuesday and yesterday the oldest boy and I got busy.

Five hours later, we ran out of daylight so had to stop. I have to put one more string of lights on around the windshield, mount the antlers and run garland to his hands, but here's where we are (the spotlights on him are from the 24v light kit @fuzzytoaster is selling):

View attachment 885844

View attachment 885845

View attachment 885846

View attachment 885847
I know I have said it before - but @IRIS_Always is a really wonderful lady!
Always willing to work a little magic for you. So neat...

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
You should add it to this contest:

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks