• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A trip to the KS DMV

91W350

I finally got around to registering my deuce. It went smoothly with a printout of the auction page ands the signed paid invoice. I wanted to get AWOL as a personalized tag but somebody beat me to it. I ordered OLDCU instead. CU being the chemical term for copper. It was incredible easy. Glen

91W350

I got interrupted before I could finish. I left the DMV and headed for a soda. A Toyota pickup was approaching me head on. We were on a four lane street and I wanted to turn left, so I stopped. A Freightliner pulling a 53' box trailer was coming up behind me. Speed limit is 40 and he is doing all of that. About the time the tractor disappeared in my driver's mirror behind the deuce, Mr Toyota turns left. I am sure I am about to be in the middle of a horrible accident scene. We were northbound at the Intersection. On the east side is three guys in a City dump truck filling pot holes. This truck driver slides that tractor trailer by my deuce, tire smoke everywhere, at the last possible instant, he released the brakes and swerved over the curb, through the patched potholes and sent traffic cones flying everywhere. He managed to miss those workers and the Toyota and recovered enough to get back on the main street without hitting any signs or trees. He impressed me! I would like to shake his hand. The guy in the Toyota does not know how lucky he was, any less of a driver would probably have killed him. Wow! Now it is off to the rifle range for me! Glen

Last edited:

91W350

We shoot at the National Guard range, it is beautiful out there. Not many places can a guy shoot 800 meters up hill. We shoot at the 5.56 range, 600 meters max, it is downhill. Had range control follow me in, they were not expecting any units today. :cool: No unit, just some old guy in an old deuce with an antique tag. He walked around it for a few minutes and told a bunch of war stories, thinking he might like to drive one again, I offered.... He said he had his share of time in a deuce, but thanked me for the offer. The range was tough today, we are having a little wind issue here in Kansas, it is out of the SW at 37 and gusting much higher. Sure blows those little .223 bullets around! It was fun, had a good time, still glad I did not see somebody die this morning. Glen

Bighurt

Sounds better than my DMV trip, still waiting on GL for a notarized invoice.

I'm still waiting for the wife to let me build a .338 Lapua Mag...

wilber

It is a windy son of a gun here in the east too. Glad your trip went well. I have not had a problem registering mine. I have an M35a2 now that I need a hypo inspection on so I can tag it.

91W350

No SF 97, all I need was a bill of sale due to the antique status. The paid invoice and the signature of the GL rep got me through.

TIGERFANS2

Wish I'd known that when I did mine...... I ended up with a Fla. title that I turned in for a Ks. one :?

For those not in Ks., the antique plates here are the cat's meow, never run out and the yearly property tax on a 40 year old deuce t'ain't much.

The inspector here in Topeka Knows deuces, she climbed right in, checked the numbers and that was it.

91W350

That is exactly right. As long as you ars not using the truck commercially, 17.50 a year for property taxes. The tag does not expire. They used to be tax free on antique vehicles.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks