• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A2 body harness wire diagram & ESS, misc

erasedhammer

I looked at the TMs and their diagram with all the labeled connections doesn't include the numbered wires. I also looked on Google and there are a couple full diagrams for the harness's but they appear to be for either the old ambulances or a1 vehicles.
Anyone know where to get the A2 wire diagrams with the wire lead numbers labeled on them?

Also what happens to the 4l80 if the engine speed sensor isn't hooked up? Would it be driveable if I just shifted it myself through all 4 gears? Or would the transmission just not work at all without the ESS? I ask because I will be putting in the hummer h1 rpm sensor, it seems it will work but on the off chance it won't I may still have to drive the vehicle with just the ESS.

So the rear and mid drive shafts can be modified to work, but has anyone ever had the very front drive shaft lengthened or did you just buy the longer version?

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You are spending a ton of time and money fabricating a nightmare......the short answer is No, the trans will default into limp mode.
there is a reason for these sensors, if any one of them fails, the "electronic" transmission will not function correctly.

erasedhammer

You are spending a ton of time and money fabricating a nightmare......the short answer is No, the trans will default into limp mode.
there is a reason for these sensors, if any one of them fails, the "electronic" transmission will not function correctly.
There's no harm in asking, and so far, it's been relatively cheap, for going the military TCM route.