• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ABS Modulator Brake vent plastic broken

Keith Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any have a civilian part number for this broken plastic brake vent? I found one part but can’t find the part that threads onto the vent. Or am I calling it by the wrong name?IMG_1706.jpegIMG_1705.jpegIMG_1707.jpeg
The piece on the right is all that’s left the part on the right are two pieces put together that I unscrewed from the one next to it. IMG_1708.jpeg

Keith Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
After contacting Wabco and supplying them with the new abs modulator part number and the plastic vent part number they do not have a part number for the plastic adapter that allows the two to go together. So it sounds like you have to buy the whole thing.
So heres the next questions, when does air vent out of that?
How much air when it does?
How important is it to keep that plastic vent on it?
It’s not like it sealed it from water and not a great job of keeping dust or dirt daubers out.

Keith Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So if any else is looking for an alternate solution, this what I decided to do after looking at other Wabco ABS Modulators and seeing they used a rubber washer on the exit port I figured I would copy that idea. IMG_1713.jpegIMG_1712.jpegIMG_1711.jpeg
Purchased some 1/16” thick rubber washers from Lowe’s 1 1/2” OD X 3/16”ID, #10-24x 1/2” screws and some 3/16” washers.
The last picture is the finished result.

Keith Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That was my thought as well. And as far as deep water fording. Adding hoses to the vents would only add stress causing them to fail quicker and with the only option to buy new modulators $300-400 each plus the electrical adapter cables equals $$$$$!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks