• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

AC Voltage Regulator testing MEP-003a

storeman

I have a VR board (see pics below) which came off my parts 003a which I picked up last December. It was missing some key parts and the board had been swapped out as evidenced by the missing terminal screws and the broken corner. The preview pics indicated it was wired when put on auction but not so when claimed. There is no obvious damage to the board.

I've searched and reviewed 7 pages of posts and have tried to understand the -34 but would like some clear advice on how to determine if anything is wrong with this board, and, if so, how to determine what it is and fix it.

Do I have to install it on a working generator to test it (or is there another way)?

Appreciate any info you can provide.

Jerry

Attachments

storeman

BUMP.......Anyone have an answer? Apparently I don't ask a very "fetching" question.

I'm leery of messing with my only working unit. Can this board be tested with 24v power or must it be installed?
Jerry

Isaac-1

I have not read the testing instructions for your voltage regulator, but can tell you official test procedure for the one in my MEP-701a/016b calls for a couple of test components (power resistor, and rheostat)variable AC power supply (Variac), an Oscilloscope, and 3 multimeters (I suspect you could get by with less, maybe even just one good modern digital meter and the variac.

Ike

jbk

it might be easier to install the vr and see how it performes only takes a few min. trouble shooting the board will take more time and you will need test equip.. i have had a two with cold solder joints that had to be resoldered probally from the vibration.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks