• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Accessory drive seal leaking bad on cummins engine in M818

LARRYKID

Where is the oil port in the front cover to line up with the sleeve port?

There is an installer for the seal, but you can just use a ball peen. Push it in 'till the outside face of the sael is flush with the housing. Make sure you install the new slinger and the sleeve on the pulley...#70 in the last post...sorry, gotta learn to read instead of just looking at pics.[/QUOTE

I am replacing the sleeve. I have it out. I don't know what position to put the sleeve back in
so the oil ports match up. Thanks for your help!

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is a 10 year old thread! The sleeve is on the pulley, no oil hole. The BUSHING is in the gear cover, there IS an oil passage to align. If you can't eyeball it, use a marker and draw a line straight out from the oil passage, drop it down over the edge of the bore. Draw a like on the outside of the bushing intersecting the hole, front to back. Use a mirror to line up the marks you made and drive it in. What are you going to use to drive the bushing in without damaging it?

LARRYKID

Thanks for your response! Yes, I realize this thread is very old, but I still use my 400 Cummins every year. I still don't know if the hole is in the up, bottom, right or left side of the oil passage. I can't see with the shaft there. The bushing will be tricky to drive in without damaging it.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
To change the bushing in the cover, the accessory drive needs to be removed....can not do it with the shaft sticking through the front. There is timing involved with that procedure.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks