• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Accessory Wiring - M1097R1 / Dual Voltage 200A - 24v vs 12v

Ramzi

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would like to add some accessories and so far everything Ive been able to purchase is 12v / 24v compatible (LEDs, Bluetooth, amp / volt meters etc).

If I choose to operate only 24v accessories, is it best to pull power from the forward most bus bar "positive " post in the battery box?
Then run that to a power distribution block (with an appropriate breaker near the post)? Or is there a better way to pull 24v?

If I decide to operate in the 12v world - are there any down sides to installing a step-down in a similar configuration as above? But at this point I don't see a real need to use 12v

Also, currently I do not have any wiring attached to the 14V tap on the front of my voltage regulator.
From what Ive read, attaching an appreciate wire from the 14v tap to the "positive" post on the rear battery will help keep the batteries in balance.
Is this really that simple?

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your plans sound good so far.
Yes it is just that simple, I would use at minimum a #8 wire, although I am not 100% positive you do not need some 12V load to make it work properly.

Ramzi

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your plans sound good so far.
Yes it is just that simple, I would use at minimum a #8 wire, although I am not 100% positive you do not need some 12V load to make it work properly.
So run the wire for the VR 14+ tab to the rear "+" post
Then tap the rear "+" post for a 12v bus bar and run something off that.
While tapping the 24v accessories of the front 24v bus bar...

Does that sound like a good plan?

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As long as you keep the 12V load relatively small, 10A or so cont. would be my limit, 20A int
The reg. is said to be good for 50A but I would not try it.
If you have any large 12V loads use a 24V-12V converter

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks