• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ACE is the Place!

dabtl

Ace Hardware, that is! :D

I got a green cab cover from TNJ Murray. The snap fastener on the passenger side was long gone, on the driver's side it was out of place, wobbly and made the top bulge in an unsightly manner.

I went down to the local ACE hardware where I found replacement bases for $5 a box, went home, drilled the holes where needed and was done in less than an hour.

I am impressed, more and more, with how much I can find in the thousands of drawers that are exact replacement parts for the M35 including rubber grommets and such.

ACE is the place, for sure. :D

FreightTrain

Banned
Dang it.Our closed down a few years ago thanks to Lowe's.I hate big box stores!Can't tell ya how many switchs,and wires,and screws,and pipes,and blaa blaa blaa I bought though the years there for my model railroading,Diesel trucks,Tater guns,etc.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There's an Ace in my town, and I'm there all the time. They even load up your lumber for you, unlike the big box stores.

littlebob

I had one within walking distance about ten years ago. Now we have a Home Depot just out of walking distance that doesn't carry near the amount of the kind of things you can find at the ACE and you have to work for free, checking yourself out. I guess it's probably my fault in some way, I only spent a few dollars to get fasteners or connectors for electrical when they were there. The few higher priced items I bought I shopped Price.
littlebob

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
you have to work for free, checking yourself out.
You know, I am kind of mixed on this one. Although I agree that you are doing their work for them, I feel the benefits of checking yourself justify it.

First, I don't have to make small talk with someone I don't know. if I wanted that, I'd go chat my crazy neighbors up. rofl

Second, I don't have to say "No, I don't want this, No, I don't want that, No, I don't want a credit card, No, I don't want to donate money to the "Save the Gay Baby Whales Movement", etc., etc.

Third-As long as the self checkout machine doesn't crash (they must have Windows OS' {rofl}), it's probably faster.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks