• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Added a Slave port on the front

TACTICAL6

I added a slave port to the front of my Sons Deuce today. I haven't wired it yet, but thought I would share pics with you all. It just makes more sense to me to have it somewhere on the front. Easy install, that big hole that is already there is the perfect size. Also added an interior light in the cab. No wiring on that yet either.

Attachments

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Question: Why are interior light housings always white? Are they from a different application? I would guess so since I have never seen a light in a deuce from the gov.

Rick

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've seen slave ports there in the past. I think it's a great location. You could probably get away with just running the cable to the hot lead on the starter.

White dome lights! These are dome lights from armored vehicles, vehicles that without lights on inside are very dark. The interiors are mostly seafoam green as it seems to be the most light reflective color or at least someone from DOD thinks so.

wsucougarx

Question: Why are interior light housings always white? Are they from a different application? I would guess so since I have never seen a light in a deuce from the gov.

Rick
Rick those lights are out of armor, most of which have white interiors. There are two different setups white/blue or white/red light.

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like your slave cable plug install idea because it implies, presumes or signifies the existence of a second military vehicle.....

Rick

TACTICAL6

I got the light off of ebay from beltfed34 he has a lot of lights and other interesting things. Thanks for the idea Oldgrunt I might try that.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks