• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Adding a ball hitch to the back of an M1101

NVAM998

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Has anyone tried to add a hitch to the back of a trailer? M998 to M1101 to a towed machine. Specifically a Vemeer chipper feeding a M1101 with chips towed by an M998. A little bit of a Choo Choo train.

fb40dash5

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wouldn't be difficult, grab one of those bolt-on receiver tube/safety chain hookup dealies, move the clearance lights, and bolt it to that rear crossmember.

I'd start to get worried about total weight though. The frame of the 1101 is plenty strong, the suspension is plenty strong... I question if the drawbar is a bit of a weak point. Not that they're usually made of 2.5x3.5 box tube, but you don't usually see straight tongues on any trailers above 3-3.5k capacity. Even a little BC700XL is pushing a ton, so you'd almost be at 3k without adding an enclosure or filling it with chips..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks