• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Advice needed - new guy with MEP004A

Back-in-Black

Just an update: Haven't given up. I think I've got a day, maybe 2 to finish this dang MEP but can't get free of the house addition project to work on it. Takes a a lot of time to build-out 1,000 ft^2 of house by yourself. I'm just slap worn out all the time! Finished painting the last of the 180 Hardy plank boards today and very close to done with siding altogether. Pre-painted all 180, 12' x 8.25" planks, 2 coats each with a paint roller.

Back-in-Black

Well, still not able to take a couple of days off the home addition project to finish this one. Finished the siding a while back and moved inside to discover numerous shortcuts, half-assed work and just plain WRONG framing. Had to tear down and rebuild all 4 pocket door frames. Had to build one door frame from scratch. Had to tear down and rebuild another door frame that was in the wrong place. Had a 30' long wall that was leaning (not plumb) almost an inch from top to bottom. With some of the roof structure resting on this wall I couldn't move the top of it - had to un-pin the bottom, cut the bottom plates on adjoining walls and knock the bottom of the leaning wall over till the wall was plumb. While I was doing that I found a closet wall that adjoined the leaning wall that wasn't pinned to the concrete. As soon as I cut it loose from the leaning wall, it started moving all over the floor. Numerous other problems found and fixed like studs that were too warped to be usable. Missing studs... You name it, they probably screwed it up. The electrical "rough-in" is done. Calling for framing and electrical inspection Monday morning. Luckily I've had a friend come over and help a few days during the past couple of weeks or I'd still be plodding thru and maybe another week or 2 till I could get inspected. A/C guy delivered all his stuff on Thursday and should at least get started by Tuesday.

Anyway, that's where I am. Can't wait to get back on a project that I enjoy!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks