• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Aervoe Product

steelandcanvas

I have just used Aervoe Industries #595 Undercoating and Sound Insulator. It's rubberized and flexible, quick drying corrosion protectant. Comes in a 15oz. can. I used this to paint (cover) my battery hold down brackets on my Deuce. Works well, went on thick and covered very nicely. If my battery box had more metal in it, I'd cover it also. Thought I would share this to see what ideas you guys can come up with for this product. Oh I almost forgot, I did the battery box on my 5th wheel also, very pleased with the results.

Attachments

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can you snap a pic of what you coated? Wonder if it would work good for under the fenders and inside the engine compartment.

steelandcanvas

Will, I'd be more than happy to. I'll go out to the shop tomorrow and snap a few of my battery hold-downs. I think it would work great on fenders and around the engine compartment, however it might not be as cost effective as bulk spraying with a gun. The coating goes for almost $5 for a 16oz can. I think for small stuff and spot coatings you might be OK. Should check prices on bulk coatings.

jatonka

Aerevoe coating

So what Aerevoe color turned pink? Just wondering cause I've used their paint for 10 years now, all the trucks live outdoors and none of mine are pink yet.

Mike_Pop

RE: Aerevoe coating

ALL of my vehicles painted with Aervoe are gray. Aervoe is the worst paint that I have ever used. Wherever the sun hits the paint, it will turn.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Mike and Mike, which paint number and how long before turning pink or gray.
My Aervoe 997B still matches fresh paint after 14 months of outdoor exposure.....

Thanks for sharing, John.

Mike_Pop

Bjorn,

I don't remember the paint number but it was the forest green. My stuff turned gray after two years. I've used both the spray cans and the gallons.

mangus580

Mine is the 383 'clone' color. Whatever that turns out to be....

Mike... sorry I didnt listen before :-(

I even followed Aervoe's suggestions word for word (talked to them on the phone worried about the issue).

steelandcanvas

Re: RE: Aervoe Product

WillWagner said:
Can you snap a pic of what you coated? Wonder if it would work good for under the fenders and inside the engine compartment.
Here's the photos Will. If you'll notice, it dries to kind of a "wrinkle finish". I just wanted to stop the corrosion problem. These items were bead blasted, primed, and coated. I think I'll do the same thing to the hold-downs on my Dodge Cummins also. :idea:

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks