• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Aftermarket fuel filters + base

ICAT

Has anyone had any luck with off the shelf fuel filters and bases? Only found one thread from 2008 so I'm outting it out there

Cleptomaniac

Yes I used a after market filter and base from Napa for my primary fuel filter.
But I think that is the only off the shelf base you can do that with. The rest you have to get the spin on kits from one of the members here.
Sorry I have no pictures I'm out of state. But their is a thread with it on here some where.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Why would you say that? The stock filter bases for the secondary and final filters are just bolted to the side of the block. Nothing special about them either.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I'm pretty sure Westech posted a thread bout his filter replacement. Let me see if I can find it.

Looks like he deleted it when his "aunt flo" visited one time. Maybe a mod can bring it back.

Last edited:

Cleptomaniac

Thanks Gimpy I will look in to it when I get home next week. If it is a matter of two filter bases and some fittings I'm all in! The primary was very easy to do and was very nessasary in my case cause my main was leaking. Someone broke the drain :( So it was on the top of the list.

Will the ones Jtonka sell are adapters not bases. I think they are great and will do them on my oil filters but I am the type that likes to walk in and buy something and walk out!
Not the best trait but.... I have always hated buying any thing on the net. This hobby has forced that so I'm getting a little better:?

4x4 Forever

Emerald Shellback
Steel Soldiers Supporter
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/42523-another-spinon-primary-filter-install.html

You can get the base from NAPA or find one from WIX online. You will need to find the fittings for the fuel lines. It should not be too hard in a 'proper' hardware store, or you can get the kit at jatonkas

If you use Jatonkas kit, all ya gotta do is purchase filters after you do the mod.

I did the primary on my deuce, getting the base from NAPA. I'll be going to Jatonka for the Secondary filter setup.

ICAT

lots of good info, thanks. I'm am suprised that no one as found a of the shelf secendary fuel filter system.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks