• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Aftermarket Trans and Oil cooler

caladin

I was at my local junkyard when I saw these two coolers attached to a pickup. So I picked them to do some modding. Anyone setup a aftermarket trans cooler and Oil cooler infront of the Radiator? An tips, pics, ideas?

Attachments

kapnklug

I installed an aftermarket tranny cooler, trans temp gauge and trans pressure idiot light (lets me know if I just ripped out a trans cooler line on a tree stump). Cant get any pics since its all buried behind the front grill now. I mounted the cooler with L brackets to the sheetmetal in front of the radiator, and plumbed it inline and after the stock trans cooler.
Originally I planned an aftermarket oil cooler also, but the plumbing started getting really complicated and it seemed like I was just creating alot of potential for a catastrophic failure. Also keep in mind that the stock oil cooler in the radiator is also an oil WARMER in the winter; you don't want to bypass it.

Grega

Make sure you install inlet of your aux. cooler after the cooler in the radiator outlet side, which is the top line on the radiator by the coolant tank.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks