• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Aftermarket Wheel Backspacing

86M10086.2L

If i run aftermarket wheels most likely 16X8's how much back spacing should I be looking for most i've seen run in the 4.25-5 inch area but I have seen others. What wouldbe correct to run 33x12.50's. would you just run the factory wheel backspacing look for more or less to compensateforthe larger/wider tires. I tried searching this but I never have any luck with that on this site.

AJMBLAZER

Factory wheels are about 16x6.5 with around 4.5"-5" of backspacing. Stay around 4-4.5" and you should be okay with the 16x8's. Any more backspacing and you'll be rubbing the drag link.

86M10086.2L

thanks, after seeing FMJ's truck I think I may just go cheapo steelies and eliminate some of problem associated with the military beadlocks. But the HMMWV wheels are sweat looking...

Croatan_Kid

16.5s are usually easier to find than 16s and almost as easy as 15s. More people are starting to use then for some reason which remains unknown to myself. The lack of a safety retaining bead makes me stay away from them. Either way, I don't think you will have a problem finding 16.5s, but personally I would stick to 16s, I would even run 15s if they fit without major grinding or almost no backspacing.

AJMBLAZER

Looked at most of the modern big tires lately? Several of the new brands haven't even made their tires in 16.5". I know Interco has also reduced it's output of the 16.5" sizes in favor of the other sizes.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks