• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air Actuated Brake Controller

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Personaly I would look into a brakesmart system. They use a sensor that taps off of your brake line. Yes it is more expensive, but I believe it is worth the extra money if you have an air over hydraulic system as opposed to an air brake system. My buddy
installed one of their systems on my M54A2 to haul a trailer with electric brakes to take his half track to meets.
Bruce

ReoRider

There is also a slick military kit that might still be out there at the old time dealers. It connected to the trailer brake air line at the rear of any 2 1/2 thru 10 ton truck that was equipped with air over or straight air. The unit consisted of a sealed air operated diaphragm that varied, based on pedal pressure, the amount of electrical current flowing to the electric brakes on the trailer wheels. Also had a dash mounted rheostat that allowed you to adjust the range of the braking force going to the trailer. Easy to set up, when loaded, based on the standard push/pull/neutral feel of the trailer.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks