• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

air assisted power steering

billymac61

How much does the air assisted power steering units help an the m35a2? Can you turn the wheels easy at a dead stop? Was thinking about buying a unit, but wondered how well they work and if it is worth spending the money. Thanks in advance, Bill

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
If you decide you want one, you better get it quick. It's just been discontinued

aboonski

I bought a used setup for $250.00 but have some issues with the unit. Most of the time it works great but once in a while when I make a right-hand turn and straighten out, I hear a lot of air belching from somewhere and my low air warning buzzer comes one shortly thereafter. You can turn the wheel left or right while standing perfectly still and there is very little energy needed to do so. I need to get the cover boot for mine before these parts become obsolete and have called the provider on several occasions to order the part but have not heard back from the guy. Also, if anybody has the installation instructions I would love to get a copy of them because I installed my unit without instructions and I may not have the adjustment correct on the drop-link where the pushrod attaches. Very little can go wrong with these things because they are so simple in operation. With all of the M35's going on sale via Ebay, I cannot see why the company that makes these units is planning to discontinue building and selling them. Power steering is the only way to go with a Deuce! If you know where I can obtain the installation paperwork, call me at 321 427-3070 or email me at abroadbent@bellsouth.net Thanks! Al Broadbent

Crazyguyla

The governmant probably cancelled the contract to have the systems whole systems in stock(probably got parts stockpiled)and the M35A3 ESP program is over for active duty. Check out the TM for the M35A3 to troubleshoot the loss of air while turning.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks