• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air bags on m923a2

jmarch58

Hey guys I don't know where this should go but I figure the suspension is part of the mechanical side of the truck. Anyways like the title says I'm thinking of changing the suspension of my truck with some new air bags so I can level it and for a better ride. Just wondering if anyone has tips or has done this before? Since I'm a younger guy all the trucks I saw in the military had air bags and I'm just wanting to do my research before I spend any money. Also if this is even possible at home or should I just take it somewhere and see if they can do it

quickfarms

On your truck what is the distance from the center of the axle to the bottom of the frame rail?

I seem to remember that this is more than the 8 1/2" distance on a typical truck.

On my highway tractor we had to use blocks in the suspension to keep the truck level

quickfarms

My ride height is twelve inches right now
Then look at the specs on the AD262 with the optional 12" ride height. I do not know if you could find a used clip and I hate to see what a new one would cost.

Check on the LKQ website they have a AD390, they list is as a tandem but this is a triden model number, in Portland OR.

Last edited:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just keep in mind if you go air ride you will sacrifice some off-road articulation over the spring setup.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks