• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air brake trailer behind M35A3 ?

338ken

Just got a really nice M35A3 and it has standard pintel hitch and air brake hookups. Has anybody pulled a air brake trailer with one? My Peterbilt and dump truck have a air brake lever on the steering column but deuce does not. I have a landscape tractor and a roller I would like to pull if the air brakes on the deuce are enough. Surely it would pull more than my F350. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

msgjd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
1: Any civilian air brake trailer will work with tactical military trucks having air or air/hyd systems , doesn't matter ..

2: The trailer gladhands hook to their respective receps in same manner as they do in the commercial world ..

3: The inverse is also true: a commercial truck with air can haul a military air or air/hydraulic trailer .. ( be careful of where
the landing gear will be during a tight turn if it's a semitrailer, one might have to slide the 5th wheel all the way back or fold
back the legs) ..

4: For decades, I have performed both sides of the situation ..

5: as Jbulach said above, the deuce will do fine without a johnnybar as long as its system works as it should.. I add the following
to be more specific, your civilian trailer brakes have to be adjusted right up to where they need to be .. I have been guilty of
using the johnnybar in military and commercial trucks to compensate for trailer brakes that need to be tightened up ..

6: as you know, there is no better assistant than a johnnybar when starting on hills , thus if I had a deuce hauling an equip trailer,
I would also want to install a johnny in it, like you ;)

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks