• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air compressor

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Can anyone tell me if the air compressor on a 925 can run a 1" impact gun?
Not really. It can, but then the truck has to build air again for the second lugnut or whatever. Best plan is a Milwaukee Fuel cordless.

DEFINITELY don't use it and expect that you will get consistent results torquing lugnuts onto the truck or you might find yourself "wheel-less" going down the highway.

AND, Welcome to the outfit!

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a portable 5 gal tank I use with my Ingersoll 1".

It feeds from the gladhand with a 20' hose.

It allows the air to get to the wrench with a short 5' hose 5/8 diameter, and this gets it to 'snap' things loose with ease.

By the time I'm ready to move on, it has rebuilt enuf air if the throttle is pulled out a bit.

DG

WR4570

Not really. It can, but then the truck has to build air again for the second lugnut or whatever. Best plan is a Milwaukee Fuel cordless.

DEFINITELY don't use it and expect that you will get consistent results torquing lugnuts onto the truck or you might find yourself "wheel-less" going down the highway.

AND, Welcome to the outfit!
Thanks

WR4570

I have a portable 5 gal tank I use with my Ingersoll 1".

It feeds from the gladhand with a 20' hose.

It allows the air to get to the wrench with a short 5' hose 5/8 diameter, and this gets it to 'snap' things loose with ease.

By the time I'm ready to move on, it has rebuilt enuf air if the throttle is pulled out a bit.

DG
Thanks, that is a easy enough solution!

charlesmann

I use a 30gal volume tank and it runs my 3/4” just fine for rmving or tightening the lugnuts. I plumb in at the emerg gladhand and use a 1/2” hose for the impact.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Works good good enough for me, with a 1/2” air line attached directly to the 1” impact and a glad-hand threaded on the the other end.

Pull the hand throttle out to speed the compressor up, and you’ll only need a short break or two per wheel if any.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Search "Milwaukee Fuel" on YouTube and you will find some pretty good reviews that talk about battery life. The ones that I have are pretty amazing! I have watched several that pulled all 18 BUDD wheels off a semi and trailer without a recharge too... Of course they aren't 30 year old rusted to the stud lug nuts, but they are pretty amazing.

I love my air tools too, but in a bag in the cab or toolbox of your truck battery power is great!

WR4570

Search "Milwaukee Fuel" on YouTube and you will find some pretty good reviews that talk about battery life. The ones that I have are pretty amazing! I have watched several that pulled all 18 BUDD wheels off a semi and trailer without a recharge too... Of course they aren't 30 year old rusted to the stud lug nuts, but they are pretty amazing.

I love my air tools too, but in a bag in the cab or toolbox of your truck battery power is great!
Your right . All you guys have been a lot of help.

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My electric travels with me.

The giant 1" pneumatic lives in the shop, mostly doing spring U-bolts nothing else will touch.

DG