• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air filter for M915

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I took "Jessica" on an outing today. She pulled a pulled a trailer to the scrap yard.
Ever since I've had her she runs sluggish on hills so on the way back I stopped at a "Diesel Doctor" to have her checked out.
The mech said the fuel pump needs to be rebuilt and new seals put in to protect it against the new low sulfur diesel fuel. He said the guy that builds pumps for him will make her run like a new truck.
While he was examining her we checked the air cleaner and even though I have blown it out with an air hose he said it should be replaced (it was dated "02").
It has inner and outer filter elements.
Does anybody know if there are civy parts that will cross over.
There is a Fleet Pride store near me if I can find a number to give them.

cundupa

If it is the same as a M919 I can get a p/n off mine. I put a lubrifiner or fleetguard in last time I serviced. It was a bit pricey if I remember. I'll get that # tomorrow, out of town today.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I took the air cleaner element to FleetPride today. There was a number on the element and when the counter guy ran it the cost was $116.00.
I checked at another place just down the street and he offered to beat FleetPride's price....only $114.00.
I am not above swapping out the whole housing and element. That's what I did with the fuel filter on the 816.....NAPA price for the cartrige was over $50.00.....I swapped out the cannister type for a spin on with base for a little over $80.00.....replacement filters are only a few bucks each.

There's more than one way to skin a cat.....there just ain't no way to make him like it.

cundupa

Switching the air filter to something else would most likely be a wash. Most big air filters are not cheap. The filter for my Sterling dump truck runs around $50.00. Even if you got a new filter housing, tubing and misc. parts and clamps free, you would only save 1/2 price on filters. A new air filter is good for at least 10,000 miles or more, depending on conditions. Did you do the trouble light check on yours? It might be old, but had a good clean life!

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I blew the filter out yesterday and I will take her on a test run tomorrow to see if there was any restriction.....according to the gauge there is no restriction but you never know.
I may just bite the bullet and buy a new filter.....but money is tight....."Jessica" is not a cheap date.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks