• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air Horn Solenoid - I need an exploded view or TM ref

DrFoster

Ok - I've been on here for over an hour browsing all of the M35 manuals, and I cannot find a single view and parts content of the air horn solenoid.

I'm trying to troubleshoot mine, and it clicks when the tanks are drained, but not pressurized. I took it apart and all it has inside is a single plunger. I'm thinking it is missing something... maybe a spring or arm? It just looks too bare. After I took it apart and lubed/replaced everything it either stays on or doesn't turn on at all.

Does anyone have a reference to a TM I have not seen, or a photo of theirs that is disassembled so I can examine whether or not I need to just go buy a new one? :?

Jones

Repair procedure for airhorn solenoids:
1. Remove.
2. Wing it into the corner with the blown fuses, burnt out light bulbs, windshield wiper blades missing the rubber, shocks leaking oil, etc.
3. Replace with working solenoid.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It should have a spring to hold the slug out of the magnet coil. 24V to it pulls the magnet into the coil, opening the valve. Spring broken?

If by some wierd design it is held 'off' by the compressed air, then the coil could be open or burnt out? What is the DC resistance of the coil?

These people sell a 24V solenoid valve, as well as all kinds of horns.
http://www.groverairhorns.com/truck/truck.html

jwaller

hey doc. I still have those parts I made for you. my guess is you dont need or want them anymore? too bad bc I have plenty of my time and $ in them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks