• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air over hydraulic, CTIS, and few other question

Ronmar

hmmm. for better clarity... so if one had chemical detector it would sence bad air in the filter (hence wire port there) and that would trigger charge thru wires that run up to top cab and beyond once inside. assume that also goes to buzzer??
The chem detector is a standalone module, setting there with a detector panel facing skyward looking for aerosol chemical droplets... That 4wire connector provides power from CB30(Un-switched 24v)And ground to TB2 in the PDP. It also provides an alarm output to a connector labeled P99 which is located under the passenger dash. The diagram shows that wiring being extended to a set of terminal lugs that I assume connects to an alarm placed somewhere inside the cab to tell the crew to suit up...

coachgeo

The chem detector is a standalone module, setting there with a detector panel facing skyward looking for aerosol chemical droplets... That 4wire connector provides power from CB30(Un-switched 24v)And ground to TB2 in the PDP. It also provides an alarm output to a connector labeled P99 which is located under the passenger dash. The diagram shows that wiring being extended to a set of terminal lugs that I assume connects to an alarm placed somewhere inside the cab to tell the crew to suit up...
4wire connector?? is that .. one on air filter.... or one on top of cab? thought had understood the chem. detector used both plugs??. granted Im assuming one on air filter is already attached to wire the harness as you describe above??? maybe it is not.

is it that; air cleaner plug is not already wired to harness ... and instead there would be a pig tail that runs from back side of air cleaner plug up to the top of the cab and connects as you describe above.... and front side of plug on air cleaner is what the chem. detector plugs into to make with pigtail?

Kbarnes0

4wire connector?? is that .. one on air filter.... or one on top of cab? thought had understood the chem. detector used both plugs??. granted Im assuming one on air filter is already attached to wire the harness as you describe above??? maybe it is not.

is it that; air cleaner plug is not already wired to harness ... and instead there would be a pig tail that runs from back side of air cleaner plug up to the top of the cab and connects as you describe above.... and front side of plug on air cleaner is what the chem. detector plugs into to make with pigtail?
Im thinking these are two plugs for different applications. Cab plug is for a light ( do all the trucks have the cab plug?) mine has the switch on the dash for the strobe.

Seems that most of the equipment that would be added to the truck is setup fairly plug and play. Mount the Chem box and plug it in.

I don't think they would have a harness mount between the two due to cab tilt.

I'll see if the cab plug is powered by the strobe switch as Andyrv6av8r has mentioned earlier.

Kbarnes0

Im thinking these are two plugs for different applications. Cab plug is for a light ( do all the trucks have the cab plug?) mine has the switch on the dash for the strobe.

Seems that most of the equipment that would be added to the truck is setup fairly plug and play. Mount the Chem box and plug it in.

I don't think they would have a harness mount between the two d

coachgeo

I don't think they would have a harness mount between the two d
that makes since.... I had forgot about strobe.. and would make more since cause it would be foolish to run pig tail as mentioned above cause of cab tilting. Just confounded me way it seemed Ron said both plugs were part of chem detect system... must have miss understood what he wrote.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks