• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air Pak rebuild FYI

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I ordered an airpak rebuild from saturn. This is just FYI, it was missing the o ring between the air cylinder plates and the paper gaskets were hard as rocks. No big deal, The old o ring was still serviceable and I used a trick an old timer taught me to soften and expand the gaskets back to their original size and shape. Get real hot..steam cleaner hot..water and soak for a bit..these took about 20 min. Put the air pak on, no more brake fluid out the road draft tube! Woo hoo! All is good again. There sure are alot of parts in there. BTW, I tried to order the P/N on the box directly from Midland..no way, obsolete.

Armada

I get some fluid leakage out the draft tube too. Does that indicate the airpack needs a rebuild? Everything seems to work great.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks