• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air powered windshield wipers

Rennaissancebiker

Hello yes I am new here. Ok here goes my inquiry... does anyone know anything about air powered wipers? I recently bought a '83 model M820A from a good guy about a yr ago and been working on it ever since doing alterations. It is now an M818. Love it! It is a great truck!!! Got myself a trailer for it too!! a low boy '50s model all steel!! Well anyway I have replaced the wiper motors, the air lines, that you can see there on the windshield frame... and they work great... at low air pressure, 30psi and lower... But not at working pressures!! Ya know like for air brakes to work... Those kinda pressures. Any one know about this and willing to share info thank you!!

Renn

P.S. Anyone know why a replacement horn button works while truck is still, then really will not shut off when truck is moving. Thanks again.

Last edited:

Rennaissancebiker

Hey USMC! I found the solution!! That knob that turns your air wipers on... take and remove it loosening those 2 set screws...then you will be able to turn that knob without the knob just a bit or more, more! Things started working, and the lil set screw in the center of that knob, under that knob! Can also be adjusted... Doggone thing works like a charm!!! Took and then placed that knob back on and tightened those set screws. :)

TNriverjet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey USMC! I found the solution!! That knob that turns your air wipers on... take and remove it loosening those 2 set screws...then you will be able to turn that knob without the knob just a bit or more, more! Things started working, and the lil set screw in the center of that knob, under that knob! Can also be adjusted... Doggone thing works like a charm!!! Took and then placed that knob back on and tightened those set screws. :)
Now you are the air power wiper expert! We will send all future questions on this topic your way. BTW, welcome aboard.