• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air Ride Seat base/platform

Jayco36REQS

Does anyone know where I can get an air ride seat base/platform? All of the salvage yards I've checked locally will only sell the seat with the plaform... I got new seats from an MRAP... but want an air ride base.

Anyone?

quickfarms

The problem is unless you have a relationship with the yard they will not let you pull the parts you are limited to what they sell.

How high of a base do you need? They are available in standard and low profile.

I might have a couple of extra low profile bases.

shadowdd

Does anyone know where I can get an air ride seat base/platform? All of the salvage yards I've checked locally will only sell the seat with the plaform... I got new seats from an MRAP... but want an air ride base.
You
Anyone?

I second that question... My seats will be here Tuesday and I would love to take the springer out!!! I'll let you know if I find some.

jw4x4

I replaced the spring on the original seat base with a bag from a Bostrom seat. Had to weld pieces of flat stock to retain the bag. Ran a tee from the parking brake air line to supply the bag. The seat is from a HMMWV. I love it. 932 seat 3.jpg932 seat 4.jpg

shadowdd

The problem is unless you have a relationship with the yard they will not let you pull the parts you are limited to what they sell.

How high of a base do you need? They are available in standard and low profile.

I might have a couple of extra low profile bases.

How tall are the low profile seat bases? I am just looking for something that is close to the same height. I'll have to measure my new seat base because I know it is a little thicker than the stock seat so a lower profile base might work,

Thanks,
Bryan

Jayco36REQS

I replaced the spring on the original seat base with a bag from a Bostrom seat. Had to weld pieces of flat stock to retain the bag. Ran a tee from the parking brake air line to supply the bag. The seat is from a HMMWV. I love it. View attachment 512860View attachment 512859
How tall is the bag from the Bostrom Seat? I have a pair of Air-Lift 2,000 leveler bags for 1/2 ton pickups on the shelf. I wonder if one of those would work?? **** good idea JW!!! If one of the Air-lift bags work, I'll let you guys know with pics!

btw... where did you get the air valve for raising and lowering the seat?

Thanks!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks