• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air Shift front axle

Hello All,
First of all i would like to thank all the other members who contributed to my last posting "Duece Engine Problems" the truck is running a lot better. My next question is about the air shift assembly for the front axle. It is missing from the cab. THe mounting bracket is there but the assembly is not. How do i check if the front axle is engaged and if it is how do i disengage it?
Anybody who knows were i can pick up a new air shift assembly would be appreciated. Here a the pics of the duece when i picked it up.

Dave

Attachments

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My air shift front axle switch is LOCATED in that position, but it has a lever you throw from left to right and a light mounted under it comes on when engaged. That DOES look like my heat control panel though. I do love that sound when switching the air shift off. That 'swisssh' type noise of air being released...

I'll take a couple of pix tomorrow am of both the air shift lever AND the heater controls as well. Though I will admit the heater control is on the left side of the steering wheel.

It's just too darn cold tonite. Yeah, I'm a wimp... jim

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Attachments

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last edited:
I want to thank everyone for their input and advice, i do believe this deuce has a sprag setup. My next question is, is there any way to change it over to air shift without buying a new axle that already has airshift?

Thanx,
Dave

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The shift mechanism is actually a function of the transfer case. You would need to swap out transfer cases to get the air shift.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks