• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air shift transfer case fluid level check

Adrian A

Will someone please point me in the right direction to find the transfer case fluid level in the training manuals. I have looked and looked. Or you could just explain how to check it too.
Thank you.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There's a plug on the side of the case. Should be level with the hole or within a 1/2" or so.

I've never had problems filling the t-case level with the hole but the trans needs to stay at least 1/2" down or you'll puke oil out around the input shaft.

Reactions: HDN

Reaper651

Not to highjack but the TC fill plug is the 1.25" diameter plug on the passenger side of the TC towards the front of the case right? It sits at about a 45 degree angle with the case itself? The LOTM's don't show the exact location of the fill plug. I wonder because when I checked mine, a little oil actually ran out the fill plug.:whistle: Thanks.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Lube Order(TM) ends with -12.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, there is a drain plug. It's on the back of the t-case (near the bottom, of course).

MDdeuce

On this same topic, what size sq should be used to remove the T/C plugs? My 1/2" drive is too small, but my 9/16" pipe plug socket is too big, I can't believe that it is a 17/32" - I can't even find one. I made sure all the junk and dirt was out, but the 9/16" just does not fit. I can tap it in ~1/16" with a rubber mallet, but any more and it just pops out. Has anybody else had this issue? I want to check the fluid level (and do a flush at some point) but I can't get either fill or drain plug out.

Eliteweapons

I seem to have the same issue finding the fill plug. Is it in a different location for an A3? I can't see it looking up at it and the manuals don't show the fill plug only the drain plug.
LO9-2320-386-12 and tm9-232-386-24-1-2 are the only references I found.

1SLEDHEAD

M35A3 transfer case fill plug is above the air pack on the passenger side. Best to remove the skid plate under the air pack to access it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks