• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air transfer case conversion

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi Guys,
How easy is it to convert a non air shift t-case to air shift? I assume this will take the front end out of play when it isn't needed and stop the tire scrubbing. Can I buy the kit at Saturn Surplus and convert, or is this just a rebuild kit? The TMs I have on CD don't go into the t-case rebuild in depth, so I can't tell what's involved.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Will,
Lance tried it about a year and a half ago. It turns out a few if the splines are not the same. The kit from saturn is for the control at the fron out put shaft. I swapped to whole case in mine for the air shift. It made a big difference in pavement driveability. I also installed lockout hubs.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know that guy..Lloyd too. I'm going there tomorrow to do some research on putting a different front axle in the shops yard goat.