• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Aircompressor/Air Filter supply

rmgill

Does the Air compressor on the M35A2's need to get it's air from the Air Filter housing? If so, what kind of hose is used for this? Just a piece of heater hose with 2 clamps? Presumably you run it up and around the back of the engine?

Jones

TM 9-2320-361-20P (adobe reader page 254 - 255 of 1188)shows nothing more than the small cylindrical air filter that bolts directly to the pump itself. Nothing plumbed to the engine air filter.

rmgill

Hmm, that's easy enough. I don't have anything now and it seems like an airfilter would make sense. I'll see what I can find at Napa or one of the other parts stores.

rmgill

Odd, looking at that diagram I don't seem to have that part. Seems like I've got a different intake unless I was mistaking the horizontal tube above that filter in the diagram for the intake. Guess I'll have to take a close look at the truck tomorrow.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Part of the deep water fording kit is a hose that runs from the compressor intake over to the engine air cleaner housing. IIRC Cranetruck has this hose on his truck and keeps it there. I'd like to do the same some day.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's correct, Kenny. I have had it connected to the air filter canister for several years. Like to think that it keeps some liquid contaminants (oil ?) from entering the air system (The water drained from the tanks is very clean, so it must be working).
BTW, the air is still filtered at the compressor through the cleanable cartridge filter attached to the compressor itself. It doesn't go through the engine air filter.
Keep the hose "nipple" on the engine air filter canister capped off if not used, no need to suck fumes from the engine compartment.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks