• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Albany, NY to Omaha, ne in m1123

TexF18

Bought my dream vehicle on eBay last month and was able to fly out last Friday. Seller was nice enough to pick us up from the airport. Super nice guy gave us a tour of his tanks. Gave us some oil, ATF and antifreeze and we hit the road.

Day one got us to the ny/pa border had to stop for the night. Heavy snow coming in and the wiper on my side was shot.

Day 2 found a napa in the morning and modified some semi truck wiper blades to fit. We drove from olean, ny and hit really cold winds from Cleveland to Chicago. Driver was getting frozen out. Later found out the heat duct popped off on the driver side. Stayed the night in coralville, ia.

Day 3 finished out the trip. Somewhere between DeSoto, IA and Omaha transmission cooler lines started leaking bad but made it safe. Definitely a trip to remember

Attachments

Last edited:

ToddJK

Glad you found your dream vehicle! The road trips are always a time to remember! Good thing you made it home safely with minor issues and that weather!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks