• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

all green now. : )

poof

Dirty Hippie
turned it back to all green.. Its growing on me now again.. from when i picked it up on the trailer, to the 3 color camo, to now OD GREEN.. it finaly matches the m416 trailer I did last year... and my Deuce from the same year . 1967

Fun Fun...:shock: Come to Poofstock and check them and all the other peoples , out..
J.P.

Attachments

nattieleather

You Mutt looks great! When I had a M151 I must have painted 6 times. From OD with stars, to flat forest green, back to OD with stars, to Flat OD black markings (ala Germany late 60's early 70s) to 4 color cammo. Glad to see you're getting your fleet in order.

poof

Dirty Hippie
The green is made local... as all my paint is.
Valspar tractor and impliment Oil base, satin finish gloss.
I took a new old stock Sponsin plate (1968 dated) and had it scanned.. so far every color has been a "too close to argue about" match to the paints I have seen sold by mail order,, only with out the Haz-met and shipping charges.. plus I can get it in QT size too for touch up..... speaking of haz-met charges..., they apply to gallon ( 128 oz )only ? why the paint isnt sold in 120 oz containers I dont understand..
any way. here is the latest picture . on a cold , rainy April day.. I will post another when I have radios installed and its sunny out.. :beer:

Attachments

goldneagle

Nice job POOF. I think you civi trailer could use a little TLC as well. You can always paint it green to match the MV's. Keep up the good work!

majorhitt

I have a M151A1 in the three color camo, Tore it down to rebuild and repaint back to green. Like the way yours turned out. I hope to restart work on it soon, you know money , work and time issues are keeping that from happening.

poof

Dirty Hippie
Siren would be the CATS BUTT..
have been looking , how ever they seen to be made of GOLD.... But I keep my eye out.. I did Make use of a canvas AK47 drum mag pouch, as a Blue light cover, blue lights are restricted to law enforcement or the fire chief command post vehicles only here.. and even having one installed and visable is a NO-NO.. I just looked that up. as I have been running around for 2 years with a blue light and no problems... so Just for Parade use now... and Poofstock...
You need a siren on that MP Jeep! Looks great and being an old MP myself it makes my heart feel good to see it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks