• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Almost done with the mule.

Jeeptj1

Well almost done with the mule as far as my capabilities are. Due to cost over runs ( story of my life lol) had to bubba afew things. Had to make my own ammo racks, made a battery holder out of a fat fifty can. Put some lights on it for our labor day cruise night., may work on the underneath some if i get ambitious but not likely right now. Like to put a new gas tank on it some day but dont like messing with gas fumes and such., nice article and pics on the new gas tank exchange by the way. Thanks to john emery for parts and to chuck for catching the wrong registration number i had on it before. The recoilless has a wobble so i just put the ratchets on the handles and it works for me. I think there is a circle of small ball bearings in there and they may be bad. Have the night vision scope and the L.A.W. just sitting on the mule for looks. Tried posting on the 503 but my pics are too big. Everybody have a good day. John jr

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:

nickd

Check out my series of articles on the restoration of my 106 and it's installation on the mule.copies can be found at Mv shows. " mule with a kick". I fully understand the issues you faced not only are the parts difficult to find but so are the funds! Cleaning rod brackets and cleaning rods are still around and relatively affordable. The cost for the ground mount tripod, site box and optics are outrageous

Jeeptj1

Nick thanks. Yeh ive seen the prices for those items and just decided that im going to have some fun just cruising the loop in town instead of making it a show vehicle. I think ive actually read your articles and they were excellent. Have a good day. John jr

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks