• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Alternator rebuild source

jcollings

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why don't you just do it yourself? get a rebuild kit and do it.
If you're mechanically inclined it's not that bad of a job are they failed now or you just want to rebuild them.

Sent from my SM-J337U using Tapatalk

Rrent

Why don't you just do it yourself? get a rebuild kit and do it.
If you're mechanically inclined it's not that bad of a job are they failed now or you just want to rebuild them.

One (#1) failed - replaced with after market. I want to rebuild/re-use the original. What’s the best source/instruction for a DIY rebuild “kit”?

jcollings

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Plenty of YouTube videos for rebuilding a 10 SI
Should be very similar to a 27.
I seen this one on fee bay 4 a parts supplier, sure there's plenty others out there. pretty basic look at those YouTube videos it's a piece of cake. Other members probably will chime in

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where do I get a factory alternator rebuilt. I’m in central Texas - if anything local, otherwise I can/will ship.
I've used CME Arma in Miami, Florida http://cmearma.blogspot.com/?view=classic

I've also used SHR near Atlanta to rebuild a FLU419 starter and they did an excellent job and were very inexpensive. They will also rebuild military alternators. No website.

SHR Auto Electric (Sleepy Hollow Rebuilders
13357 Cumming Highway
Cumming, Georgia 30040
(770) 887-2649

There are a lot of small companies that rebuild starters and alternators. I would be surprised if you didn't have one close by in Texas.

Last edited:

MarcusOReallyus

What’s the best source/instruction for a DIY rebuild “kit”?
There are several threads on it here on SS. Check the "Helpful Threads" stickyt at the top of the forum. It's not difficult. Took me 45 minutes the first time I did it. Some more experienced folks say they can do it in 15.

Parts are available at ASP Wholesale. You are looking for a 27 SI Type 100.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks