• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ameritech Helmet Hardtop almost ready to mount.

Dave2018

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Time to buy the gaskets and small brackets to mount the legacy hardtop. Did a lot of repairs as it was ripped off a hmmwv. Ameritech wants about 200.00 for the gaskets it uses and about 200.00 for the 4 little brackets and some screws. Always try to keep my 9998 oem but this 400 plus is very steep. did not see the gaskets before I got it and the brackets on their website are nothing special. Any used brackets or thoughts on this is welcome.
In the dirt.. :)

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I mounted mine, at the rear I used a couple strips of 2" angle iron, and for the middle (C pillar area) I used some right angle brackets I had lying around. Think they were like 1" or 1 1/4" wide by 6 inches high, then just bent them a little to match the offset angle.
I didn't actually do anything on the front where it's supposed to have the clamps to hold it to the windshield frame, but mine was the mid height version so has more strength up there to begin with. I did use a little Lexel sealant on that front seam.
For the sides/rear I used some cheap 1/2" foam weatherstrip to seal it.

Dieselmeister

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just purchased a brand new Helmet Top off Iron Planet, which I intend to use to replace my rusted out steel roof, and upgrade to a helmet top. This top looks like it has all the hardware and gaskets shown in the installation manual from Amtech.

Any advice or any issues I need to look out for, before I start tearing into this project. (I normally hang out on the generator forum, and work on engines and generators. "Roof work" will be new for me).

Thank you in advance for any advice.

Dave2018

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just purchased a brand new Helmet Top off Iron Planet, which I intend to use to replace my rusted out steel roof, and upgrade to a helmet top. This top looks like it has all the hardware and gaskets shown in the installation manual from Amtech.

Any advice or any issues I need to look out for, before I start tearing into this project. (I normally hang out on the generator forum, and work on engines and generators. "Roof work" will be new for me).

Do you see this gasket part from your hardtop. Don't know for sure where it goes.
Thx
Dave

PS. Do u have a manual or the instructions from website. I only have instructions from website. Not that good for sure.

Attachments

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
MY free guess... Half of it goes left and right of the rear door to seal off the gaping hole where the tail gate mates when closed. Keeps some of the dust out. That's what I have on mine. It is glued on...but I fab up a strap and screwed it on to be sure.

That's what It could be ???

Get some ear plugs or an intercom, CAMO

Dieselmeister

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you see this gasket part from your hardtop. Don't know for sure where it goes.
Thx
Dave

PS. Do u have a manual or the instructions from website. I only have instructions from website. Not that good for sure.
Mine came with an instruction CD, but all the disk has is the manual that is on the web, and sales brochures for all the tops they make.

I attached a picture of where the rubber strip was mounted on my top. It did not come separately. 3 (2).jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks