• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ampacity of Power Buss?

I'm installing a (24V) inverter in the back of my M1009. I plan to run 1/0 welding cable to replace th (2AWG) heading to the buss bars in the back. I will power the inverter from there. This left me to wonder, How much current can our bus bars handle safely? I suppose if nobody knows right off the top of thier head, I will just measure the bus and calculate it?

Rutjes

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was going to suggest measuring the busbar to calculate it after reading the title :LOL:

I recently took the busbar apart. There's a copper strip/flat bar connecting the studs. It would be easy to make yourself a thicker one if needed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks