• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

An alternative Alternator?

papakb

Something I've wondered about for years but have never seen done was to mount one of the alternators from the A042 engines used on pumps and gensets to the Mule. The block is already drilled and tapped for one so it should become a simple matter of remounting the stator onto the Mule block and then finding a regulator/rectifier to control it. I think something off of a motorcycle should work, maybe a slightly higher current unit from a Harley? Then the only problem becomes having a groove machined into the pulley for the fan belt.

The advantage to this setup is there's no alternator dangling out in the breeze below the engine to snag on something and the original appearance is retained. I'd like to hear from others out there to see if this would be a practical solution.

Thanks, Kurt

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks