• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

An alternator mystery

Hey everyone I figured I'd make a new post so I don't keep reviving the old one.

If you've read my last post you know I'm a new member and a bit of a idiot : ) Millivolts -face palm- I figured out my previous charging problem a hidden part of my battery positive wire coming off the alternator was broken it ran and charged after I fixed it. Now onto the new mystery I didn't mess with my passenger side alternator at all but when out of curiosity I checked the main positive wire's voltage I found 25.7 exactly the voltage of both batteries in parallel and when I started the engine I found 29 weird. Drivers side gives me the expected 12 and 14volts
is this abnormal? if so is it a problem? and if yes to both any idea how to fix it?

Thanks for any replies

Nick

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey everyone I figured I'd make a new post so I don't keep reviving the old one.

If you've read my last post you know I'm a new member and a bit of a idiot : ) Millivolts -face palm- I figured out my previous charging problem a hidden part of my battery positive wire coming off the alternator was broken it ran and charged after I fixed it. Now onto the new mystery I didn't mess with my passenger side alternator at all but when out of curiosity I checked the main positive wire's voltage I found 25.7 exactly the voltage of both batteries in parallel and when I started the engine I found 29 weird. Drivers side gives me the expected 12 and 14volts
is this abnormal? if so is it a problem? and if yes to both any idea how to fix it?

Thanks for any replies

Nick
Nope that's normal...use the other battery for your ground and you'll find the real volts for that one alternator...29 volts total running is good!! Glad it's fixed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks