• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

An M715 and the mystery of the "upside down hook" (or, how to properly tie down your cargo cover)

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For those of us who have a cargo cover, when we try to tie it down we have noticed the "upside down" hook:

20231212_141422.jpg

I started investigating under the truck between the cab and the bed and inside the frame rail is this hook:

20231212_141408.jpg

I ran the rope around the inner hook, then tied it down to the outer hook, then tied the rest of the ropes as needed.

20231212_143638.jpg

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was looking at that upside down one on mine yesterday, and wondering how it was supposed to work. But since I am not putting a tarp on yet, I failed to investigate further!

Makes sense, since they were designed for a three-section cover (front, rear, and top), so that inner hook would draw the front edges in towards the center to close the corners.
My M813 has a similar setup, but it's easier to see/reach.

Cheers

67Beast

I was looking at that upside down one on mine yesterday, and wondering how it was supposed to work. But since I am not putting a tarp on yet, I failed to investigate further!

Makes sense, since they were designed for a three-section cover (front, rear, and top), so that inner hook would draw the front edges in towards the center to close the corners.
My M813 has a similar setup, but it's easier to see/reach.

Cheers
Yes, that was the intended design of it, to pull the front edge of the cover around the front of the box and overlapping the front section to help make a more weatherproof seal on it, especially while moving.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks