• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

And the fun begins . . . bobber project

Ma Duce

Well, I've been waiting to get started, as I don't have all the parts yet, but thought I would dive in and make use of a Saturday...

So today the bed came off, and laid out the measurements I think I'm gonna use for the truck.

The bed came off in about 30 min. No problem. Next is getting the spring kit.

After looking at the CTIS it is coming off. I took off the "hub" cap protectors and God, how much money does our goverment waste on this stuff. So I'm going to ditch the CTIS. Which leads me to a question, if I take it all off, but use the stock wheels, I would have to put a plug in the rear of the backing plate, or where ever the line runs in to stop the tires from going flat correct?

and can you pull the wheels off, with out deflating the tires, or do you have to let the air out first? The more I look at the CTIS, the more I just don't see it being worth it.

Make me think about new wheels and tires just because, then i don't have to strip all this stuff off and can just sell the new rubber it has. the idea of 395s and HEMITT wheels are starting to appeal to me.

Anyways back to the bob. . .

We took some measurements and looks like we are going to take 30" of the rear of the frame rails. Then relocate the rear cross member. The center line for the rear axel is going to be what was the centerline between the existing rear axels. You can see the chalk mark in one of the picks

Also talked about loosing the spare tire rack, and putting a tool box in there. Then loosing the drivers side step and tool/storage boz and replacing it with a second fuel tank.

Heater core is shot, so need a new one. That will be part of next week's project.

Still trying to figure out the hood situation and it looks like both of the engine compartment sidepanels were walked on or something as they are bowed out. The hood has a dish in it I could use for a birdbath, so I am going to look at that once I get the rear half done.

Attachments

Ma Duce

Well the spring kit for the project showed up. I had hoped it would get hear earlier so I could use my time off this week to get some work don't but didn't happen. I'll have to find some times over the next month on weekends in between travels.

I have been thinking about losing the spare tire mount and adding a tool box under the bed there, that would be more acessible for larger item. And was wondering about putting a 900 series style spare rack behind the cab, as I am going to convert it over to HEMTT rims and 395s. Any thoughts?

rrrr

I don't know what's involved with removing the CTIS system but I love my 395's on HEMTT's !

I cruise down the road about 56mph very nicely in the M35a2.

Ma Duce

The CTIS is coming off and have had some PMs about buying the system or parts. That will be the next part of taking all that stuff off. I'm not really looking forward to that.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks