• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

another cucv odometer ??

rfischba1

after looking at many GL cucv's odometer's Iam now questioning my reading, I have a 85 M1009 with a 6 figure odometer, the first number is a 0, it reads 04816 then the 10ths, does this mean it has rolled over 100,000 or could this truck have 48,000 miles on it??

Attachments

maritimer

according to your current odometer reading you have 4,816.x miles. either your truck hasnt hardly moved since ti was made or its turned over at least once

rod

Without looking at the entire truck, there is really know way to tell and then is is only a guess. Remember the insturment panel may have been swapped out so it may not be correct to the Truck.

I have a '84 m1009 which had 26k on it when I bought it and i kinda believed the mileage to be correct based on the overall condition of the vehicle. I started having problems with the dash lights so I swapped out the instrument cluster with an excelent cluster I got from Dan1. That swap caused my m1009 to show the mileage of 41k instead of the 26k miles.

Unless you the documentation, one can never be sure.

Fred431

CV Odometer

I won a1985 M1009 in March from Letterkenny and it had 9300 miles on the odo. Medlog did a check for me and found that it had only 5300 miles when it was transfered to another unit in 1998 only 4000 miles have been put on it since. Ask Medlog to due a check for you it might help with pinpointing your mileage

Fred

rfischba1

RE: CV Odometer

Thanks I will do just that. I stopped by the GL lot today and mentioned the milage to Sarah the site supervisor and she said that is teh actual miles. Its hard to beleive, but the truck starts and runs real smooth, just looking at the body is what makes me question. Seats are not work, but over all truck does look 23 years old.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks