• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another FDC bypass question

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Perhaps you could use the "DANGER" arrow that is used for the tachometer and apply it to the gauge, so it shows above 1200F as "Danger"? Cheaper than a new gauge! Available on your favourite auction site using "military tach danger sticker"

Gypsyman

I've dealt with ISSPRO for a long time and never understood their post-turbo recommendations. I know some of it stems from liability but the numbers on that gauge are very close to what we consider correct pre-turbo ranges.

The problem with the "post turbo" ranges shown are that the probe could be placed anywhere in the exhaust. 2" from the turbo outlet will give vastly different readings than 2' to 3' away. I've seen guys put the probes literally wherever is easy to reach and then want to argue the numbers that they are seeing.

Gypsyman

On another note, the ranges shown on that particular gauge are a good pre-turbo match for the safe, caution, and danger temp ranges on a multifuel. Just relocate the probe and you are good to go.

ldmack3

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For now I think I am going to wait for other maintenance. I think if I keep it well below the yellow I will be ok.
I've got some small leaks at the #1 and #6 exhaust manifold, looks to be either oil or exhaust residue. Eventually I will pull the heads and when I do I will move the egt probe and do some other enhancements like oil PSI warning light, oil temp, boost...

Thanks for all the feedback.

WOLF DOG

I bypassed for two reasons, more consistent fuel delivery, and to stop the possibility of a fuel leak into the oil.

It’s not so much it gives more fuel, but sets the delivery at a solid set point. Which with most engines will be set “high” hence you need to turn down the fuel. My egt climbed fast before I made adjustments. I HAD to keep my foot out of the pedal! Or else I had high boost and high egt’s

Confusing at first…
How do I know if my Deuce FDC was deleted before I bought it ?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks