• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another M151 windshield question

John Shipley

Good evening and salutations..I'm working on proper restoral of an apparent 151 mix..The windshield is split and appears proper for an A1, BUT, the hood bumper locations have 2 threaded holes on each side instead of one. All of my TMs show only one. Also, the transmission cover shiftstick hole is elongated instead of being round(thus the boot won't stay-put). Any ideas on either issue? THANKS FOR ANY GUIDANCE...John

m38inmaine

I think some of the early windshields used a flanged bumper with a fabric covering like on a M38 instead of a rubber bumper. Not sure on the tm hole, might have been modified, should be easy to tell. Those tunnel covers are pretty common.

Attachments

Last edited:

nattieleather

I thought the early M151 not A1 but straight 151s had the hood bumps like pictured above. Is possible that you have an early windshield. Not much difference between 151 and 151a1 cept maybe the bumps. If anyone knows different please speak up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks