• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

another new guy (east, tx)

Maverick1701

Howdy everyone I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Chris I live down here in east texas...Nacogdoches to be exact

I am in the market for a deuce and will probably be lurking around here for a while getting some info before making a purchase. I know right now that I want the cargo/troop carrier variant w/winch....also probably with a hard cab (not soft top cab) but not sure about the cab yet

Hopefully once I get a deuce I will be able to become more involved in the forum...but as it stands right now I dont have a lot to bring to the table when it comes to these trucks (I know a few of the basics but not much beyond that)
Thanks

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to SS:-D.

Go to the Resources tab at the top, then Technical Manuals in the pull down. Then find, download and read TM 9-2320-361-10 which is the operator manual for the Deuce. That will get you started. I find it useful to print out part of the manual and keep it in a 3-ring binder for reference. Other important manuals you need to read at the MINIMUM are TM 9-2320-361-20 the maint. manual, LO-9-2330-209-12 the lubricating manual, TM 9-2320-209-10-3 the operator troubleshooting manual, and TB-9-2300-426-20 which is the brakes manual. They look intimidating due to the size, but they have lots of diagrams and are easy to follow.

If you want only one Deuce, I recommend getting one from a private person rather than playing the GL lottery.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check out the forrestry service auctions in lufkin. You can get a truck cheep there. It will be a used fire dept truck and probaly need some work. But then again so do most GL trucks. Most FD trucks have hard tops to. Although it may be a forrestry service add on. Good luck and welcome to SS.

Maverick1701

Thanks for the tips guys! I wont ever turn down free advice.

I would love to check out some places closer to tx (govt liq in SA and the forestry auction), I was going to buy from colemans (I have done a lot of business with them in the past and really like the co.) but they are located in Pa....which would be a super long drive back to Tx

jatonka

Hey, welcome to our site. Isn't Nacadoches home to Mckinney Drilling? I worked with them on the Aleyeska Pipeline in 74 and 75. Get your deuce local. Check with Dabtl on SS , he will steer you straight. JT out

Maverick1701

Hey, welcome to our site. Isn't Nacadoches home to Mckinney Drilling? I worked with them on the Aleyeska Pipeline in 74 and 75. Get your deuce local. Check with Dabtl on SS , he will steer you straight. JT out
I think so...we have a lot of oil drilling companies around here though

I would rather buy my truck locally if possible...it would be even better if I could buy from someone on here. I really dont want bubbas ol'deuce from the farm if I can avoid it

Maverick1701

First let me say that this is NOT my truck and I don't know anything about it or the seller but, I saw this on CL last night. It doesn't look to be too far from you. Could give you something to do this weekend.

6x6 Military Deuce and a Half

Thanks! I actually had already emailed that guy and there was a reason I crossed that truck "off my list".....off the top of my head I can't remember why

Must be that old age starting to kick in...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks