• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another new guy!!!!

Cape Coastie

CWO4 ENG/MSS, USCG, RET.
Welcome from Cape Cod, MA and a 5 ton guy. Bought mine locally but there are quite a few on a popular auction website. Some go for really good prices. Decide what you want and hold out for that truck. They are a blast to drive:driver:

Gralmk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Another Welcome from MA!

I agree with Cape Coastie. However, You didn't mention what type of 5t, or maybe no preference! Also how much maintenance ability do you have and lastly and most important how much of a check book you have! You can get good deals but take your time and don't jump at the first truck unless it's a great deal. Do searches for 5tons for sale on the models your looking for. Unless you have a lot of all the above I would stay away from the FMTV's they're a maintenance headache!

This site can help with any question you have, There are lots of people in the Heavy Metal group!! Enjoy and good luck! :-D

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
FXR as in Low Rider? Welcome from Kentucky. Got a M923 looking for a good home. Need a paint job.

FXR1969

Thanks everyone,that's just it I really don't know what I want!!
As far as being handy with a wrench I'm so old to go on that end !
Seems to be a lot of different (models) out there !

FXR1969

yes I robe for about 20-22 years gave it up

i just happen to be in the collision repair business!!! So maybe we can talk about this truck

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I still have my '87 FXR. Truck is a stock M923, runs good. PM me a email and I'll send some photos.

AZK9

Welcome from Arizona! [thumbzup]

This site is the place to learn about the project that's best for you! Good luck with your search!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks